Friday, September 18, 2020

My Group this year

MY GROUP THIS YEAR

Starting off the Short film, I first have to pick or assemble a group. This year's final task will be a lot like the one last year in terms of working alone. Last year I was excited I had full creative control but this year it's different. I'm still glad that I have all the control however I am a bit sad I am working alone. I wish I had a group of people to work on this with. It's hard with not knowing anyone in my class this year and not being able to communicate with anyone in person. I don't know any of the A level kids because all my friends from AS either didn't make it into A level or just wanted a change so I am left to work on this alone. That being said I can say I will definitely be assembling a cast. Last year it was just my mom and I but this year I'm aiming more towards working behind the screen rather than in front of it.  I want a cast of at least five people that will remember their lines. Hopefully the actings great but as long as the script is well rounded and the shots are great, I think I can work with some bad acting. 
I already have some of the cast in mind, actually. I will most likely have my main character be the voice actor of last year's final task. She really wanted to be in one of my projects and I think she'll do good in this so I'm so excited about that. I want my five-year-old cousin to be in this because I think that'll be really fun plus she fake cries all the time so I believe she'll be a good addition. I also have a friend in mind for two roles actually and I think he'll be amazing at that. But I also have a lot of backup plans in the works so that if certain people don't want to be in it then I can use special effects and wide-angle shots of me dressed up a certain way or in a certain position to portray someone else and get my message across. My best friend Yazmin is really good at special effects makeup and it's not very cost-effective. I think and hope that this will be as professional as possible. I don't have the entire plot and storyline figured out the but everything will be sorted out in due time. As of now, all I really know is I'm working by myself on this. I'm nervous about due dates and everything getting done on time because it's just me, if I was working with three other people it wouldn't be as hard but EVERYTHING WILL GET DONE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment