Monday, December 2, 2019

Final filming blog

This past week we had six days off. We had a break due to Thanksgiving.
Tuesday after school I got day shots at the beach. Tuesday was a Blue day which meant we had media studies so my partner and I had a bit of an idea of how we wanted the footage to be structured. Wednesday I didn’t film much due to being home. I slept over my best friend's house and got some night shots on my way there. Thursday came around, thanksgiving. My best friend and I went to Jupiter Florida. We were on the highway for a bit so I got a couple day shots as well as night shots. We passed city areas with tall buildings which seemed like it would be cool to film.

I got a lot of pan shots and close-ups as well on Thursday. Friday I went to the skating rink but sadly couldn’t bring in my camera. On Saturday I got the most shots. It was my partner Lucas’s birthday party at Fort Lauderdale beach so I went and decided to bring my camcorder. I got some day shots with the sun nice and high. I got shots of my friends talking and the moon behind them. I got a sunset shot which looked pink in the camera. I also got night shots of the beach and the buildings next to the beach. I got moon shots and sun shots that day which I was proud of. Our song is day and night by kid Cudi which just says those lyrics over and over again. The shots we took were good and can serve us well for the music video.

Our music video is due December ninth. We still have some time to film a couple more shots.  I would like to begin editing now so that once most of the video is complete we can simply add on anything we need to add. I want this video to have a darker more Melo aesthetic to it. And I believe if I begin to edit now the video can come out really well. Lucas and I want to film some more this weekend. I can edit and place all the shots where they need to be. I can also make sure that the transitions are smooth and flow well into each shot. We can film some more, upload it to my google drive, and edit from my device from home which should allow me to complete the whole project fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment