Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming blog

Throughout the weekend my partner Lucas and I actually didn’t film. We haven’t started filming due to one of us being busy while the other is free. My partner and I already have most of the planning done. All we need to do now is to go out and actually film. The main reason we didn’t get to film because my partner and I were both unavailable to film over the weekend. While I do wish we did film this blog is a requirement and will have to be published whether we filmed or not. During our last project which was the commercial, filming was a pretty smooth process. We went around the school and just filmed shots based on the storyboard. The difference in this commercial is that now we are going to actually shoot off-campus so both my partner and I are going to have to schedule a get-together and film our video.
     What we have planned is us meeting up at a nearby mall and film in a parking garage. This setting helps us create the dark tone we want to set for our music video. My partner and I are kind of disappointed that we didn’t get to film already. Personally I’m the type of person that likes filming as soon as possible and editing it to its maximum potential. The editing process is going to be much longer now so we definitely have to get to filming as soon as possible. We now have a big thanksgiving break that will give us the opportunity to film without worrying about school, extracurricular activities, and homework. By doing this blog now we actually don’t have to write about our experiences filming and we just worry about completion. Our music video will hopefully be everything we want it to be, with that Melodramatic, dark tone we’re looking for. Due to the fact that we are filming off campus, this will give us the opportunity to film in cool places rather than being restricted to just school.
       I want to start filming right away. Our footage should probably be done by next week and I hope it's going to turn out as good as the last one, if not better. I'm really proud of our commercial and hoping our next project can top it. The editing was so fun and the best part of the editing process is seeing your project come together. Although it’s not a competition we really hope we can have the best music video. instead of getting a mediocre passing grade we hope our creativity and success lead us to greatness. This class allows us to venture into the unknown and experience creativity through art. We can’t turn in any projects less than spectacular. And although we missed our opportunity to film this weekend we sure will try to film this following weekend and deliver one of the best music videos ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment