Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the final task

Hi my name is Alanys I’ve been in AICE media for about six months now.
I’ve learned a lot about editing and filming. I’ve learned about the pre-production, production, post-production, and distribution process. I’ve learned how the grading scale works for Cambridge.
Not only that this is my first year in high school and I’ve learned so much about how different people are. High school is a time of figuring out who you are and who you want to be and a lot of people are in the process of doing just that. Now I'm definitely considering directing when I’m older and going to school for film production. I’ve always leaned towards either the entertainment industry and just working with cameras or computer science. But I’ve been attracted to cameras since I was 4 or 5.
 Also, I’ve always found it interesting how the film brings imagination to life. And the entertainment industry works hard to make visual art that everyone can enjoy.

Now that we’re beginning to work on the end of media studies and starting the final assignment it’s time to create the intro of a movie. It’s supposed to be two minutes or shorter. And now we have to create an elevator pitch. An elevator pitch is usually twenty-five seconds and gives the audience a small glimpse of what to expect and what’s gonna happen. I already have an idea of what I want the movie to be and the storyline as well. I’d also like to address that I will be working independently on this assignment. I want my vision to be executed the way I want it to be and everyone has a different vision they want to bring to life and shots they want to have so I’m going to work by myself to do what I want. I want it to be based on a girl name “Z” for Zoe and she’s around 16 years old who suffers from depression and has a dissociative personality disorder and there are about 5 to 7 personalities she has to battle. She’s either incredibly sad or numb from antidepressants she has to take. And her only form of happiness is from each personality being happy or feel accomplished at something. Her only way of doing that is by killing people. But her euphoria only last five minutes and five seconds.

I’ve already came up with one pitch. Being “sixteen years trapped in a mind that she can’t even control, will Z be able to refuse her urge to kill” that's twenty-one words which aren’t bad but I do feel as if I can make it more intriguing. I want people to read it and be interested and want to see it. I want it to be more enticing and so far a couple of my classmates have said it good but I want it to be more than just good. I’m kinda envisioning it being on Netflix reading it and decided whether I want to watch it or not. So far I’d probably contemplate watching it because not only do I love tv shows I’m a huge sitcom fan I like shows like The Office and Parks and Recreation and I also like sci-fi like CW’s The Flash. Along with dramas like Mr.Robot and HBO’s Euphoria. So when I read a pitch like mine it’s fifty, fifty and I just really want to perfect it as well as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment