Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer editing

Peer Editing
On Tuesday we peer edited. And when I say ‘we’ i mean my classmates and I. I was supposed to be graded by a team of three but I think they were all absent. I peer-edited Kol and Julia who did a burglary film with a comedy genre. The film was really funny and cringe at the same time. They didn’t do some of the shots and angles they needed to but it was still a gem to watch. They filmed most of their shots outside but still managed to have pretty good lighting. The only big factor that would need to change is the sound quality. They did have both non-diegetic and diegetic sound. The flaw in their sound quality was that due to filming outside there was some wind and you can certainly hear that in the film. I advised them to either do a voice-over or get a phone and do a voice recording or a video and extract the audio to then add it into the two minutes. Not sure what they’re going to end up doing but I do know that they appreciate the advice and will be editing that part soon. And all though it had some minor defects it was really funny. There was even a scene where the bulgar is approached by the homeowner's dog and falls back into the pool. The burglar was fully clothed and just got out and took a towel like nothing happened. I had a good laugh and you can certainly tell it’s a comedy so they worked in they’re genre well.

No comments:

Post a Comment