Wednesday, October 7, 2020

“Genres I Would Like to Research.”

Genres I would like to Research

Before I get into the pre-production process of the film I have to select the film genre. Although there are tons of genres and sub-genres we could research. There are three genres I am going to research.  I will be doing a brief introduction of each below, make separate blogs for each one, and then ultimately decide which genre I will pick. Now let's get into a short introduction for each genre, shall we? The first genre I'd like to research would be thriller. Thrillers are known for being dark, engrossing, and having a suspenseful plot-driven story. I feel as though the storyline I am going with does have a thriller aspect to it, that's why it is an option. Thrillers can range in plot but keep people on their toes, grasping their attention,  and keeping it for themselves.
 I would like to research thrillers because Boon-Joon Ho's Parasite is a thriller and even though my film won't be similar to that movie, thrillers can have different sub-genres but grasp you in such a way where you can't stop watching. The second option is psychological thriller. Psychological thriller is the genre for my two-minute intro last year called "5:05". Psychological thrillers take you further into the character's emotional and mental state which is critical while still having a suspenseful aspect to it. Due to already working a bit on a psychological thriller, I feel like I could make this film even better and really get into the character's mental state even more. I would like to research this genre because psychological thrillers really do gain an audience's attention in such a unique way. Working on a film with a heavy psychological foundation would be really fun. The third option is Mystery. Mystery is "a type of fiction in which a detective, or other professional, solves a crime or series of crimes". Although I initially didn't plan on researching or considering mystery, I really want to research it. The reason I want to research this genre is because the storyline revolves around the missing of the main character's father so obviously trying to investigate the possible crime is mysterious. I feel as though it will be extremely challenging but really fun to execute.


No comments:

Post a Comment