Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the commercial

Today I will be discussing the filming process and what my partner and I did through the seventy minutes of filming. The very first thing we did was fill out a sheet to get the equipment and pass so we could film. While Lucas was filling everything out and waiting in line to get everything I went ahead and changed my outfit to clothing that was more fit for the commercial. Once Lucas and I were finished with that we had two duffle bags. Both duffle bags were filled with shoes and clothing and decided to fit all of it into Lucas’s so we would only have to hold the duffle bag, tripod, camera, and skateboard. We started going to the front of the auditorium. There we started setting up the camera onto the tripod. We began by filming Lucas stand on the board and zoom into the shoes. He had van shoes on and we thought it would be cool to have a shot like that. We unfortunately didn’t follow the first scene from the storyboard because our subject was filming his commercial.

We started by filming at low angles and close-ups on the shoes to begin. We took multiple shots like that and tracking shots as well. One we finished we went to a higher level where we could film. We shot tracking shots there too along with shots where the subject skating into the camera. After that we moved towards the rails where we set up all the shirts we had so we could film close-ups and panoramic shots. We plan on using those shots to do jump-cut transitions in the commercial. After filming the rail scene Lucas and I then moved to the flying L on the senior patio. There we laid down clothing, shoes, and skateboard on the wings and horizontal part of the “L”. I sat down on the vertical part of the “L” and started to just do a plethora of shots. We did high angles, close-ups, and a tilt.

From there we moved to the front of the school where we filmed a wide-angle. That was the final shot we plan on using at the end of the commercial. We skated from one side of the screen to the other and we were there for about five minutes. One we filmed the scene that we needed a security officer proceeded to come up to my partner and I and took my board. He said it’s a Florida misdemeanor and it’s illegal to skate in a public area. I then told him I was in the Cambridge AICE magnet filming a project and he continued to say the same thing over again. He fixated on the fact that I was filming skateboarding and how “when I post it on social media everyone is going to start breaking the rules”. I told him I wasn’t posting anything on a public platform but of course I need to publish it on this blog. But I don’t expect anyone not in AICE media to read any of my blogs. I ask the security guard if I could get it back because I wasn’t just doing it to violate any type of rules I was simply doing it for an important assignment. Luckily he gave it back and aI didn’t have to go through the hassle of trying to get it back from the administration with my parent. After all that happened I told Lucas We should put the board down and some clothing pieces as well. We put the skateboard and supplies down in media and decided to film the “no skateboarding” sign just because Vans tends to post commercials “breaking the rules” which we technically did (on accident). Once we finished that we walked a little farther to the track where we set up a couple of clothing pieces on the bleachers and filmed a birds-eye angle. We only filmed that for about a minute because the camera sadly died on us but we got back to class at just the right time and dumped the files onto the computer


No comments:

Post a Comment