Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the commercial

Today In class we were told we were going to film for 30 minutes and edit. But once we got into class Ms. M announced that due to the computers being old and messed up we couldn’t do it. The class and I weren’t quite sure if it was the program itself not working or the computers acting up. But either way we couldn’t use them to edit. My partner and I Lucas looked forward to editing. We’ve edited in the past for our own reasons individually. My reason is when I was younger I used to be a YouTuber: I posted all types of videos and before 2016 I absolutely hated editing. I eventually gave YouTube a break and started posting again in the seventh and eighth grades. Around that time I loved editing so much I was in shock. Editing has always been super time consuming, stressful, and even annoying at times. But all in all the ending result of anything your editing is always a reward. All the hard work and effort you put in finally pays off and you're so much more proud of yourself when you're done.

 Going back to what we’ve done in class we’ve created our storyboards. We’ve also filmed all the shots needed to begin the editing process. Due to the computers being older models and not up to date. We had to update the computers and were not allowed to use them for editing. We could only use the computers to put our work on google drive or a USB drive. I tried opening my google photos and dragging the file into google photos but that didn’t work I attempted doing that for another 10 times probably but nothing was happening. I tried opening the computer tab on google photo to upload pictures. That was the only way the videos would have actually saved onto the gallery. I had to repeat this step multiple times which was absolutely terrible. But the worst part was checking which scenes and shots I was missing.

I eventually had all of my shots saved onto my Google gallery. So now I do not have to worry about any of my footage getting lost. This allows Lucas and I to relax and not have to think about any footage gone missing. Lucas and I also have an idea of what we want our theme and aesthetic of the commercial to be. Due to the fact that it’s a Vans commercial I thought it would be cool to make it have a vintage theme to it. Have an old camcorder or vintage filter to it to make it have a better overall look to it. We also have the song we want to use for the commercial picked out. Our only form of audio in the commercial will be music. Neither Lucas or I will be doing voice-overs or speaking in the commercial. Overall today was sadly very disappointing. I hope we can start editing soon and have the computers working well enough to produce quality content that everyone will enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment