Thursday, April 16, 2020

MY PROGRESS: COMMERCIAL

COMMERCIAL
 To start off let’s discuss my progress throughout media studies. 
Our first big project was of course the commercial. I worked with my classmate Lucas for this project. We worked EXTREMELY well on this although we didn't follow absolutely everything on the storyboard we have a majority of the shots we wanted to film in order and came up with some really good ones along the way for stock/ backup footage. We filmed a "VANS" commercial, Vans is a skating apparel brand and due to Lucas and I owning ALOT of Vans merchandise we can to the conclusion that It would be extremely cool to do a commercial like this one. The music was a remix of the song Pride by Kendrick Lamar and went really well in correspondence with the conventions most commercials like for Vans obtain. One of the conventions vans commercials have is a filter overlaying the commercial to highlight and contrast scenes to intrigue the targeted audience. So for the commercial I decided to add a filter from an app on my phone with a variety of filters to choose from I thought this would be the be one. My editing in this was honestly probably my favorite, its short and sweet but extremely rapid at the same time. I used jump cuts to correspond with the music which I thought provided a better appeal to the overall product which I think it did just right. If I ever do get into serious editing and film production I would definitely want to make projects like this rather then the music video and final task.                      
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment